ARCHIVED - Inspection Officer Order RCT-1-2015 to Westcoast Energy Inc., carrying on Business as Spectra Energy Transmission pursuant to Section 51.1 of the National Energy Board Act
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
INSPECTION OFFICER ORDER NO. RCT-001-2015
IN THE MATTER OF THE NATIONAL ENERGY BOARD ACT,
AN ORDER UNDER SECTION 51.1
On 26 November 2015, the undersigned National Energy Board Inspection Officer received information regarding a release of a toxic substance (amine).
The Inspection Officer has reasonable grounds to believe:
That the health and safety of the employees at the Pine River Gas Plant may have been compromised and that continued operation of the plant could pose a further risk to their safety.
Based on the above mentioned, the inspection officer has reasonable grounds to believe that a hazard to the safety or security of the public, or employees of a company or a detriment to property or the environment is being or will be caused by the construction, operation, maintenance or abandonment of the pipeline, or excavation activity or construction of a facility as per 49(2)(a).
Therefore, is HEREBY ORDERED,
pursuant to section 51.1 of the National Energy Board Act, to
Specified Measures: Maintain complete shutdown of the Pine River Gas Plant until the following measures have been completed:
- A preliminary investigation shall be conducted and the following shall be submitted to the Inspection Officer:
- Event summary complete with piping & instrumentation and process flow diagrams;
- Immediate and root causes;
- Determination of whether the event is also applicable to gas processing trains A&B;
- Corrective actions including time lines; and
- A start-up plan.
- The plant, in whole or in part, shall not be re-started unless express permission to do so has been provided by an Inspection Officer
|IO Designation #|
|26 November 2015|
|517 10th Avenue SW Calgary AB T2R 0A8|
- Date modified: