We are the Canada Energy Regulator (CER). A group of 500 highly qualified people from across the country and the world. We are proud of the work we do, because we do it for the benefit of everyone living in Canada.
We are passionate. Our team is made up of specialists who love the work they do. They include:
- socio-economic specialists
We are proud. We believe our work makes a difference—managing complex public hearings, walking pipelines to inspect work, or hiring the best people.
We are independent. This means that, although we report to the Government on our activities, they do not interfere in our work. We are also totally separate from the companies that we regulate.
We are improving. We are committed to:
- Making it easier for people to get involved in project reviews by awarding money for things like legal fees and travel expenses
- Involving people who live and work on the land where pipelines and powerlines are located
- Reflecting the rights and interests of Indigenous Peoples in our work
- Openly and clearly sharing information that’s important to you
Find out more...
- Date modified: