Line 10 Westover Segment Replacement
Sign up to receive periodic email updates about the application and hearing process.
If you are new to the NEB’s process, our mandate and hearing process, you may want to:
- View Videos
- Consult the Hearing Process Handbook
- Find out if you qualify for the Participant Funding Program
- Check out our schedule for upcoming information sessions
- Review Applying to Participate in a Hearing
Enbridge Pipelines Inc.
On January 26, 2017, the NEB approved Enbridge's Line 10 Westover Segment Replacement Project.
On this page you can find:
- Project Information (description, map)
- NEB Review of the Project (updates)
- Support to Participants (process advisors, application to participate, information sessions)
- Reference (regulatory documents)
- Enbridge proposes to replace 32 kilometres (km) of existing 12 inch-diameter Line 10 pipe with 35 km of new 20 inch-diameter pipe in southern Ontario. It would connect Enbridge’s Westover Terminal to its Nanticoke Junction Facility in the City of Hamilton. The Project includes three new sections for proposed reroutes from the existing right-of-way totaling approximately 11 km.
- Enbridge applied [Filing A74506] and [Filing A74508] under Section 58 of the NEB Act for approval to construct and operate this section of the replacement Line 10 pipeline, and under Section 45.1 of the National Energy Board Onshore Pipeline Regulations to decommission this section of the Line 10 pipeline that is being replaced.
This map provides an overview of the project.
Review of the project
- 26 January 2017: Reason for Decision [Filing A81483]
- 28 and 29 June 2016: Community meeting [Filing A76887]
- 4 April 2016: List of Participant [Filing A76218] issued.
- 22 February - 14 March 2016: Application to Participate process.
- 17 February 2016: Hearing Order OH-001-2016 [Filing A75552] issued.
- 17 December 2015 - 14 March 2016: Apply for Participant Funding.
- 4 December 2015: Enbridge submitted its application [Filing A74506] and [Filing A74508].
- 1 October 2015: Enbridge filed its project description [Filing A72953].
- Further process updates will be announced when they are available.
Support for Participants
The main role of a Process Advisor is to provide information to the general public and support to participants in the hearing. They can also answer questions about the NEB’s process.
- Process Fact Sheet [Document A4Y2A7]
You can contact a Process Advisor by calling 1-800-899-1265 (toll-free) or emailing L10RP.ProcessHelp@cer-rec.gc.ca.
Application to Participate
Email is not a valid method of filing regulatory documents with the NEB. Comments received by email will not be considered. You must apply to participate.
The Application to Participate (ATP) process was held from 22 February to 14 March 2016. The process is now closed.
The Board will decide if late applications will be accepted and whether you will be allowed to participate. Please contact the Process Advisor to discuss the filing process for a late application to participate.
The NEB offers a series of online information sessions to those who have an interest in learning more about the Board and its processes.
Participant Funding Program
Refer to the Participant Funding Program page for information on deadlines, eligibility, how to apply for funding and how to submit claims.
During the National Energy Board's review of this Project, all evidence, letters of comment, NEB decisions and other relevant documents must be filed with the NEB and placed on the NEB’s online document repository. These documents are all accessible to the public. You can find these documents here: [Folder 2882977]
NEB approves Enbridge Line 10 Westover Segment Replacement
NEB Announces Public Hearing for Enbridge Line 10 Westover Segment Replacement
Telephone (toll free): 1-800-899-1265
Facsimile (toll free): 1-877-288-8803
For questions about the NEB's hearing process, please contact:
For media inquiries, please contact:
Media Relations Team
Canada Energy Regulator
Telephone (toll free): 1-800-899-1265
If you have questions about the project, including whether or not the pipeline could cross your property, please contact Enbridge at: email@example.com.
- Date modified: