ARCHIVED – Meeting Summary – 28 June 2011 – Office of the Nunavut Wildlife Management Board, Iqaluit, Nunavut
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Arctic Offshore Drilling Review
Meeting Summary Notes
28 June 2011 2:30 p.m. and 3:15 p.m.
|Office of the Nunavut Wildlife Management Board, Iqaluit, Nunavut|
Purpose: Introduce the Arctic Offshore Drilling Review to the staff of the Nunavut Wildlife Management Board (NWMB)
|Jim Noble||Chief Operating Officer, NWMB|
|Gaétan Caron||Chair, National Energy Board|
|David Hamilton||Temporary Member, National Energy Board|
|Brian Chambers||Northern Advisor, National Energy Board|
NEB provided introductory remarks, which included a general overview of the scope and phases of the Arctic Offshore Drilling Review, the gathering and analysis of information, and the production of a report.
Follow the introductory comments Mr. Noble identified a number of items, including the following:
- the continuing growing interest in offshore resources in the Arctic
- the role and mandate of the Nunavut Wildlife Management Board
- potential impacts on wildlife of offshore drilling
- offshore seismic activity that has occurred in the region, and future seismic programs that are planned for Nunavut
- discussions among Nunavut institutions about the creation of a Nunavut Marine Council
- the Oceans North Conference that is scheduled for the fall in Iqaluit
- Date modified: