ARCHIVED – Meeting Summary – 16 February 2011 – Government of Northwest Territories meeting room, Yellowknife, NT
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Arctic Offshore Drilling Review
16 February 2011
11:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
|Government of Northwest Territories meeting room,
Purpose: Introduce the Arctic Offshore Drilling Review to the Government of the Northwest Territories – staff level meeting
|Brian Chambers||Northern Advisor, NEB|
|Bharat Dixit||Technical Leader, Conservation of Resources, NEB|
|Pamela Romanchuk||Environmental Specialist, NEB|
|Susan Gudgeon||Northern Coordinator, Arctic Offshore Drilling Review, NEB|
Introductory Remarks (NEB):
- An overview of the Arctic Offshore Drilling Review was provided, including the mandate of the NEB, the events leading up to the Review and the various phases of the Review.
Dialogue with GNWT staff members:
Further to the introduction, a number of areas of interest and concern were raised by GNWT staff members, including:
- Why did the NEB take the approach it did to the Review?
- Is the NEB hearing concerns regarding socio-economic matters, training, cultural matters and harvesting?
- What does Phase 2 look like?
- How long will Phase 2 last?
- Is there an estimate when Phase 1 will end?
- How might the election in the NWT at the beginning of October affect the Review?
- Is there any linkage to the BREA process?
- There was a tour of all coastal communities in the ISR, is that being considered for Nunavut?
- Will the NEB seek comment on the best way to structure Phase 2?
- Participants might want a round of CFI's depending on what is filed in Phase 1
- Will there be an extension to licences taking into account when the Review will be finalized?
- NEB staff are available to assist with process matters
- Date modified: