Regulatory Stock Review Plan
This Regulatory Stock Review Plan describes the planned reviews of regulations by the Canada Energy Regulator (CER) over the next 3 year period. It commenced on April 1, 2019 under the National Energy Board, and continues under the CER as of Aucgust 28, 2019. It is intended to give Canadians, including businesses and Indigenous peoples, and trading partners, greater opportunity to inform the reviews of regulations and to plan for the future.
The Regulatory Stock Review Plan identifies a CER contact point for the planned reviews. The Regulatory Stock Review Plan will be adjusted and updated over time to reflect the CER’s regulatory priorities and changes to the operating environment.
The CER welcomes feedback on this Regulatory Stock Review Plan, and on the various components of our regulatory framework, at any time, by sending an email to Regulatory.Framework@cer-rec.gc.ca.
Regulatory Stock Review Plan: 2019–2022
- Administrative Monetary Penalties Regulations
- Cost Recovery Regulations
- Export and Import Regulatory Framework
- National Energy Board Act Part VI (Oil and Gas) Regulations
- National Energy Board Electricity Regulations
- National Energy Board Export and Import Reporting Regulations
- Toll Information Regulations
- Onshore Pipeline Regulations
- International and Interprovincial Power Line Damage Prevention Regulations – Authorizations, and International and Interprovincial Power Line Damage Prevention Regulations – Obligations of Holders of Permits and Certificates
- Miscellaneous Amendment Regulations
- National Energy Board Onshore Pipeline Regulations (CER Act and Standing Joint Committee for the Scrutiny of Regulations; administrative amendments)
- National Energy Board Processing Plant Regulations
- National Energy Board Pipeline Damage Prevention Regulations – Authorizations
- National Energy Board Pipeline Damage Prevention Regulations – Obligations of Pipeline Companies
- Gas Pipeline Uniform Accounting Regulations
- Oil Pipeline Uniform Accounting Regulations
- Oil Product Designation Regulations
The CER is also working with the departments listed below on regulations that impact the CER.
- Government-wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- Canada Energy Regulator
- Natural Resources Canada, specific to:
- Employment and Social Development Canada,, specific to the Canada Labour Code (CLC):
- Canada Occupational Safety and Health Regulations (COSH)
- Oil and Gas Occupational Safety and Health Regulations (OSH)
- Date modified: