National Energy Board’s Filing Requirements for Offshore Drilling in the Canadian Arctic - Revision
File OF-EP-Gen-EPGen 10
10 September 2015
To: National Energy Board Regulated Companies and Other Interested Persons
National Energy Board’s Filing Requirements for Offshore Drilling in the Canadian Arctic (Filing Requirements) - Revision
The National Energy Board (NEB or Board) Filing Requirements specify the information that the Board will need to assess future applications for drilling in the Arctic offshore.
In 2015, the Board undertook an internal administrative review of the Filing Requirements to ensure that they are current. The Board has revised the Filing Requirements to, primarily, update the content to reflect the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012 (CEAA 2012) and provide clarity on the requirement of applicants to complete a cumulative effects assessment as part of the environmental assessment process under the Canada Oil and Gas Operations Act and the CEAA 2012.
The revised Filing Requirements are available on the Board’s website (www.neb-one.gc.ca) and hard copies may be requested by calling the NEB toll free at 1-800-899-1265. Companies preparing applications to the Board for Arctic offshore drilling activities are directed to use the Filing Requirements, as revised.
The Board is committed to continual improvement and will continue to update these Filing Requirements as necessary. The Board welcomes any comments that readers might have on the content and usability of the Filing Requirements, or other matters that could assist with future updates and revisions. All comments may be directed to the Board by:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Facsimile: Secretary at 403-292-5503
- Sheri Young
Secretary of the Board
National Energy Board
517 Tenth Avenue S.W.
Calgary, AB T2R 0A8
Original signed by L. George for
Secretary of the Board
- Filing Requirements for Offshore Drilling in the Canadian Arctic - Concordance Table of Updates 2015-01
- National Energy Board Filing Requirements for Offshore Drilling In the Canadian Arctic [HTML]
- National Energy Board Filing Requirements for Offshore Drilling in the Canadian Arctic - Insert Pages 2015-01 [PDF 1208 KB]
- National Energy Board Filing Requirements for Offshore Drilling In the Canadian Arctic [PDF 4717 KB]
- Date modified: