Electricity (including Renewables)
Find statistics on electricity imports and exports by source, destination, and more. We also publish commodity-specific market and resource assessments.
The Canada Energy Regulator regulates the export of electricity from Canada. Export permits or licences are required to export electricity to the U.S. Companies report monthly on their electricity export and import activities to the Commission.
- Commodity Tracking SystemFootnote 1 – Electricity
(Annual and monthly exports and imports by source, destination, authorization – includes TB1, TB2(A,B), TB3(A,B)))
- Electricity Export Authorizations
(Current list of valid CER electricity export permits (updated quarterly))
- Electricity Annual Trade Summary
Analysis and Publications
- Economics of Solar Power in Canada – November 2018
- Nuclear Energy in Canada – Energy Market Assessment – August 2018
- Canada’s Renewable Power Landscape – Energy Market Analysis 2017 – December 2017
- Canada’s Adoption of Renewable Power Sources – Energy Market Analysis – May 2017
- Canada’s Renewable Power Landscape – Energy Market Analysis 2016 – October 2016
- Date modified: