Natural Gas Liquids
Find statistics on propane and butanes export volumes and prices and underground storage. We also publish commodity-specific market and resource assessments.
The Canada Energy Regulator regulates the export of ethane, propane and butanes. Export orders or licences are required to export these NGLs from Canada. Companies report monthly on their export activities to the Commission.
The monthly export information for propane and butanes will continue to be available on our website. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Regulatory Information and Analysis, Strategy and Analysis Business Unit, Canada Energy Regulator at 1-877-825-8441 (Canada and U.S.) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Propane and Butanes Annual Export Summary
- Commodity Tracking System (CTS)Footnote 1 – Natural Gas Liquids
(Monthly NGL (propane and butanes) statistics; historical export volumes of NGLs (by year and month), by origin (province), destination, and mode of transportation of the exports)
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) Underground Inventories in Canada (Propane and Butanes)
(Monthly underground inventories of propane and butanes stocks for Canada, Western Canada and Eastern Canada)
Analysis and Publications
- Propane Market Review – 2016 Update – Energy Briefing Note – May 2016
- Propane Market Review – Final Report to the Minister of Natural Resources and the Minister of Industry – April 2014
- The Ultimate Potential for Unconventional Petroleum from the Montney Formation of British Columbia and Alberta – Energy Briefing Note – November 2013
- Date modified: