30-Day Comment Period on Regulatory Proposal – Canada Energy Regulator Cost Recovery Regulations
File Ad-GA-ActsLeg-Fed-CERA-CRR 0101
1 November 2021
To: Canadian Energy Pipeline Association, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers, Electricity Associations, CER Cost Recovery Liaison Committee, CER regulated companies.
- 30-Day Comment Period on Regulatory Proposal – Canada Energy Regulator Cost Recovery Regulations
The Canada Energy Regulator (CER or Regulator) has released the enclosed Regulatory Proposal to seek feedback on the proposed amendments for the cost recovery regulations under the Canadian Energy Regulator Act (CER Act).
Subsection 87(1) of the CER Act states that the Regulator may, with the approval of the Treasury Board, make regulations:
- (a) providing for fees, levies or charges that are payable for the purpose of recovering all or a portion of any costs that the Regulator considers to be attributable to the carrying out of its mandate, including costs related to applications that are denied or withdrawn; and
- (b) providing for the manner of calculating those fees, levies or charges and their payment to the Regulator.
The cost recovery regulations provide a mechanism for Canada to recover the CER’s costs, approved through Parliamentary appropriations, from the regulated industry.
The Regulator is seeking feedback in writing on the Regulatory Proposal until 30 November 2021. Letters of comment may be provided electronically to the contact information below:
Feedback submitted to the CER will be considered in the development of the regulations, which will be pre-published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, for a 30-day comment period. Information concerning the Canada Gazette, Part I comment period will be communicated at a later date.
For more information on the Regulatory Proposal or to further discuss its contents, please contact Rumu Sen (firstname.lastname@example.org) (toll- free 1-800-899-1265).
- NEW! Cost Recovery Regulations Letters of Comment
- Canada Energy Regulator – Cost Recovery Regulations – Regulatory Proposal
- 30-Day Comment Period on Regulatory Proposal – Canada Energy Regulator Cost Recovery Regulations – Frequently Asked Questions
- Date modified: