Vice President, Secretary of the Commission
- Ms. Sladic joined the Canada Energy Regulator in 2021, as Vice President, Secretary of the Commission. She is responsible for executive leadership of the Secretary and Regulatory Services business unit, and is as a member of the organization’s executive team.
- Ramona Sladic is a lawyer and an experienced federal public servant who joined the CER from the Privy Council Office legal services sector, specializing in environmental and natural resources matters.
- Prior to her role at PCO, Ramona practiced law with Global Affairs Canada, focusing on international oceans treaty and resolutions development before the United Nations, and related multilateral processes.
- Ms. Sladic also practiced as a Justice Canada lawyer with the Department of Fisheries and Oceans, and the Northern region in Yellowknife, focusing on resource project development, environmental assessments, and Indigenous matters.
Professional Affiliations, Degrees and Distinctions:
- Master of Laws, George Washington University Law School, Environmental law specialization, Fulbright scholar
- Bachelor of Laws, Dalhousie University Law School, Marine law specialization
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Carleton University
- Member of the Law Society of the Northwest Territories
- Date modified: