Chief of Staff
VP, Chief of Staff and Corporate Secretary – Laurel Sherret
- Ms. Sherret joined the regulator as Legal Counsel in December 2013, became Associate General Counsel in July 2020, and VP, Chief of Staff and Corporate Secretary in March 2022.
- Her legal experience within the Canada Energy Regulator (CER) includes administrative law, Indigenous law, compliance and enforcement matters, environmental law and governance.
- Before joining the CER, she held legal positions with the International Criminal Court, United Nations Refugee Agency and Superior Court of Justice (Ontario).
- She has experience consulting with multilateral organizations primarily in gender-based analysis and human rights matters.
Professional Affiliations, Degrees and Distinctions:
- Master of Laws, London School of Economics and Political Science (Human Rights Law)
- Juris Doctor, University of Victoria
- Bachelor of Science with Distinction (Biological Sciences), University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Arts with Distinction (International Relations), University of Calgary
- Active Member of the Law Society of Alberta; former Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Date modified: