ARCHIVED – Meeting Summary – 25 November 2010 – Town of Inuvik Council Chamber, Inuvik, NT
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Arctic Offshore Drilling Review
25 November 2010
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Town of Inuvik Council Chamber
Purpose: Introduce the Arctic Offshore Drilling Review to the Mayor of the Town of Inuvik, and officially initiate Phase 1 (information gathering) activities in the Town of Inuvik.
|Denny Rodgers||Mayor, Town of Inuvik|
|Grant Hood||Senior Administrative Officer, Town of Inuvik|
|Larry Peckford||Economic Development Manager, Town of Inuvik|
|Gaétan Caron||Chair and Chief Executive Officer, NEB|
|David Hamilton||Member, NEB|
|Brian Chambers||Northern Advisor, Strategy and Analysis, NEB|
|Bharat Dixit||Technical Leader, Conservation of Resources, NEB|
Introductory Remarks (NEB):
- Gaétan Caron thanked Mayor Rodgers for the opportunity to introduce the Arctic Review to him and his team. Provided an overview of the Review.
- David Hamilton noted that the Inuvialuit Settlement Region, Town of Inuvik and residents would be impacted by offshore drilling activities and any incidents. Wanted to hear the questions that should be answered from the Town of Inuvik perspective on these matters.
Dialogue with Town of Inuvik officials:
Town of Inuvik officials identified areas of interest and concern. These included:
- Town officials wanted to know if the anticipated changes in offshore regulation as a result would be small, medium or large;
- If there was any indication of fatigue amongst those already consulted regarding yet another exercise and consultation;
- Would there be interest in the NEB providing an update of the Arctic Review at the 2011 Inuvik Petroleum Show scheduled for 13-15 June 2011.
- Mayor Rodgers invited the NEB to attend a Council meeting early in 2011 to provide an overview of the Arctic Review.
- Date modified: