ARCHIVED – Summary – 2 December 2010
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Arctic Offshore Drilling Review
2 December 2010
8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
|National Energy Board offices
Purpose: Introduce the Arctic Offshore Drilling Review to the Chair of the Inuvialuit Environmental Impact Screening Committee (EISC)
|John Ondrack||Chair, EISC|
|Gaétan Caron||Chair and Chief Executive Officer, NEB|
|Lynn Mercier||Member, NEB|
|Brian Chambers||Northern Advisor, NEB|
|Bharat Dixit||Conservation of Resources, NEB|
Introductory Remarks (NEB):
- A general overview of the scope and phases of the Arctic Offshore Drilling Review was provided, including the gathering and analysis of evidence and the production of a report.
Dialogue with Chair of EISC:
In response to the introduction, a number of areas of interest and concern were raised by the Chair of the EISC, including:
- The NEB's approach to the Arctic Review was valid and appropriate
- It is important for Inuvialuit communities to have an opportunity to participate in the Arctic Review process
- The EISC was pleased that the NEB was making efforts to engage youth in the review process.
- NEB Staff offered to work with the EISC on environmental screenings related to oil and gas operations received by the EISC.
- Date modified: