On Wednesday, Aug. 28, the National Energy Board (NEB) became the Canada Energy Regulator (CER). For further information please visit our Implementing the Canadian Energy Regulator Act information page
TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company ASA, Petroleum GeoServices and MultiKlient Invest (TGS/PGS/MKI) North-Eastern Canada 2D Seismic Survey - National Energy Board Information Request No. 2
File OF-EP-GeopOp-M711-555 4587 02
4 April 2012
Ms. Darlene Davis
Lead Canadian Consultancy
1545 Birmingham Street
Halifax, NS B3J 2J6
Dear Ms. Davis:
TGS NOPEC Geophysical Company ASA, Petroleum Geoservices and MultiKlient Invest (TGS/PGS/MKI) NorthEastern Canada 2D Seismic Exploration Survey National Energy Board Information Request No. 2
Pursuant to the National Energy Board’s (Board) obligations under the Canada Oil and Gas Operations Act and the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, the Board finds that further information is required to complete the environmental review of the TGS/PGS/MKI NorthEastern Canada 2D Seismic Exploration Survey.
The Board requests that you provide your responses to this Information Request by 16 April 2012 to Kyle Sherwin, Team Leader of Conservation of Resources and to the individuals copied below. If there are any concerns regarding the requested response date please let us know as soon as possible.
Should you have any questions or require more clarification regarding the attached request for information, please contact Christy Wickenheiser by telephone at 403-299-3869 or by email at email@example.com.
Secretary of the Board
Ms. Paula C. Smith, Environment Assessment Coordinator, Environment Canada, facsimile 867-975-4645
Mr. Jerry Ward, CEO, Baffin Fisheries Coalition, facsimile 867-979-3068
Mr. Harry Earle, General Manager, Arctic Fisheries Alliance, facsimile 867-927-8896
Ms. Marie Duchaîne, Avatiriniq Coordinator, Government of Nunavut, facsimile 867-975-6089
Mr. Robert J. St. Elois, Qikiqtani Inuit Association, facsimile 867-975-8400
Ms. Shari Gearheard, PhD, Clyde River, firstname.lastname@example.org
Attachment to Board letter
dated 4 April 2012
TGS NOPEC Geophysical Company ASA, Petroleum Geoservices and MultiKlient Invest
(TGS/PGS/MKI) NorthEastern Canada 2D Seismic Exploration Survey
National Energy Board
Information Request No. 2 to TGS/PGS/MKI
File OF-EP-GeoOp-M711-555 4587 02
CEAR File #: 10-01-53884
1. Preamble: In the letter to TGS/PGS/MKI dated 11 October 2011, the Board indicated that during the public comment period for the draft Environmental Screening Report Mr. Hamilton, as the authorized section 15 member, will conduct public meetings tentatively planned to take place in the communities of Pond Inlet, Clyde River and Iqaluit. These meetings will take place after TGS/PGS/MKI completes their community consultation meetings. The Board will use comments from the public meetings, written submissions and any further information from TGS/PGS/MKI to inform the final Environmental Screening Report. A benefits plan, declaration of fitness and a completed environmental assessment are required before a Geophysical Operations Authorization can be issued.
The Board notes that TGS/PGS/MKI has indicated in previous correspondence they would like to commence the seismic program during the 2012 open water season.
Request: In view of the timing of the above events, please provide an update to the proposed operational schedule for the seismic program.
2. Reference: TGS/PGS/MKI’s response to the NEB Information Request No. 1, dated 23 February 2012.
Preamble: TGS/PGS/MKI indicated (on page 17)… “A full consultation strategy is expected to be available in February 2012”
Request: Please provide a consultation plan including but not limited to the following:
- A consultation schedule, including when results of consultation may be available to the NEB;
- A list of communities to be consulted;
- A description of design of the consultation program, including:
- The methods that will be used;
- A descrption of how the results of consultation will be incorporated into the seismic program; and
- A description of how affected communities will be informed on the seismic program’s progress throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Date modified: