On Wednesday, Aug. 28, the National Energy Board (NEB) became the Canada Energy Regulator (CER). For further information please visit our Implementing the Canadian Energy Regulator Act information page
Peter Watson (Chair/CEO)
- Deputy Minister, Executive Council, Government of Alberta. 2011-2014.
- Deputy Minister, Alberta Energy, Government of Alberta. 2008-2011.
- President, Clean Air Strategic Alliance, a multi-stakeholder alliance composed of representatives selected by industry, government and non-government organizations, to provide strategies to assess and improve air quality for Albertans, using a collaborative consensus process, 2005-2011.
- President, Alberta Water Council, a multi-stakeholder partnership with 24 Members from governments, industry, and non-government organizations. Its primary task is to monitor and steward implementation of the Alberta’s Water for Life strategy and to champion achievement of the strategy’s three goals, namely, a safe, secure drinking water supply, healthy aquatic ecosystems and reliable, quality water supplies for a sustainable economy, 2005-2008.
- Deputy Minister, Alberta Environment, Government of Alberta. 2005-2008.
- Assistant Deputy Minister, Environmental Assurance Division, Alberta Environment, Government of Alberta. 2002-2005.
Professional Affiliations, Degrees and Distinctions:
- Member of the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta.
- Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering
- Completed Directors Education Program through the Institute of Corporate Directors.
- Named Alberta’s Resource Person of the Year, 2011.
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering.
- Date modified: