National Energy Board Letter – Pipeline Performance Measures Reporting
File OF-SURV-Gen 08
29 November 2013
To: Specified NEB-Regulated Companies
Pipeline Performance Measures Reporting
The Board’s top priorities are the safety of the public and the people who build and operate NEB-regulated pipeline facilities and the protection of the environment. The Board is committed to continual improvement, and to keeping pipelines a safe method of transporting oil and gas.
In 2012, the Board decided to introduce new pipeline performance measures to promote continual improvement in the management of pipelines. The Board stated that it would also use the performance measures to assist in compliance verification planning, and to determine if companies are providing information that is consistent with the Board’s knowledge of the pipeline.
On 28 March 2012, the Board directed that annual reporting on pipeline performance measures would commence in 2013, with the first reporting period being for the 2012 calendar year. The Board indicated that it would review the information submitted, and hold information and consultation sessions with interested persons prior to finalizing the measures at the end of the 2013 calendar year.
The Board has reviewed the information that was submitted for the 2012 calendar year. The Board notes that many interested persons provided feedback to Board staff during seven information and consultation sessions. The Board has considered all comments provided and has finalized the performance measures and guidance as attached.
The Board directs the companies listed in the Appendix to electronically submit the required data (for the previous calendar year), on an annual basis, prior to 1 April of each year. The format for providing the data will be communicated by December 2013.
For further information please contact Ken Fortin at 403-299-3726 or 1-800-899-1265 or email email@example.com.
Secretary of the Board
Attachment to Board Letter
Dated 29 November 2013
PIPELINE COMPANIES REQUIRED TO REPORT ON PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND INTEGRITY INFORMATION FOR 2013.
- Alliance Pipeline Ltd.
- AltaGas Holdings Inc.
- Emera Brunswick Pipeline Company Inc.
- Enbridge Bakken Pipeline Company Inc.
- Enbridge Pipelines (NW) Inc.
- Enbridge Pipelines (Westpur) Inc.
- Enbridge Pipelines Inc.
- Enbridge Southern Lights GP Inc.
- Express Pipelines Limited
- Foothills Pipelines Ltd. (TransCanada PipeLines Limited)
- Kinder Morgan Cochin ULC
- Many Islands Pipe Lines (Canada) Limited
- Maritimes and Northeast Pipeline Management Limited
- Montreal Pipe Line Limited
- NOVA Gas Transmission Ltd. (TransCanada PipeLines Limited)
- Pouce Coupé Pipeline Ltd.
- Plains Midstream Canada ULC
- Spectra Energy Empress Management Inc.
- TransCanada PipeLines Limited
- TransCanada Keystone Pipeline GP Ltd.
- Trans Mountain Pipeline ULC (Kinder Morgan Canada Inc.)
- Trans Québec & Maritimes Pipeline Inc. (TQM)
- Trans-Northern Pipelines Inc.
- Vantage Pipeline Canada ULC
- Westcoast Energy Inc., carrying on business as Spectra Energy Transmission
Note: Where a company has more than one NEB-Regulated pipeline, only pipelines that are 50 km or longer are to be reported on.
- Date modified: