ARCHIVED – Chevron Canada Limited - Priority Destination Designation Application - MH-002-2012
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
- Application Information
- List of Issues
- News Releases
- Regulatory Documents
- Contact Information
- Applicant's Website
On 19 June 2012, Chevron Canada Limited (Chevron) filed an application seeking board approval for Priority Destination Designation on the Trans Mountain Pipeline (the Application).
If approved, when space on the Trans Mountain is constrained, shipments to Chevron’s Burnaby Refinery would receive priority over other shipments that are not made under contract for firm service.
List of Issues
The Board has identified but does not limit itself to the following issues for discussion in the proceeding:
- The criteria to be used to designate Priority Destination in accordance with section 1.58 of Tariff No. 88.
- The implications resulting from the disposition of any Priority Destination application, and consideration of the need for, implications of, and alternatives to granting Priority Destination.
- Whether the Application meets the criteria for designating Chevron’s Burnaby Refinery as a Priority Destination.
- Whether any aspects of the Application are contingent on issues to be decided in other regulatory proceedings; specifically, in reference to matters regarding a proposed expansion of the Trans Mountain pipeline system, including:
- The terms and conditions, if any, that should be included in any approval the Board may issue.
The oral portion of the hearing will commence on 26 March 2013 at 10 a.m. in the Board’s hearing room at 444 Seventh Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta.
The deadline for intervenor written evidence and letters of comment/oral comment registration is 13 December 2012.
National Energy Board Denies Application for Priority Destination Designation
NEB Announces Hearing for Chevron Priority Destination Designation
Reasons for Decision MH-002-2012 [Filing A52851]
Ruling and Procedural Update [Filing A49599]
Amended Hearing Order AO-001-MH-002-2012 [Filing A45150]
Hearing Order MH-002-2012 [Filing A43302]
Application [Filing A42250]
Regulatory documents related to this project [Folder 825769]
Media Relations Team
Canada Energy Regulator
Telephone (toll free): 1-800-899-1265
- Chevron Canada Limited
- Date modified: