ARCHIVED – NOVA Gas Transmission Ltd. (NGTL) - Application for Implementation of the Natural Gas Liquids Extraction Rights (NEXT) Model, dated 5 October 2011 - RHW-002-2012
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
- List of Issues
- News Releases
- Regulatory Documents
- Contact Information
- Applicant's Websites
The Board’s proceeding will obtain the evidence and views of interested persons on the Application through a written process and the Board will receive final argument orally in the Board’s Hearing Room, 2nd floor, 444 Seventh Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta at a date to be determined.
Any person wishing to intervene in the hearing must file the required documents with the Board, and serve a copy on NGTL by 25 May 2012.
The deadline for letters of comment is 10 August 2012.
List of Issues
The Board has identified but does not limit itself to the following issues for discussion in the proceeding:
- What is the purpose and need for implementing the NEXT Model?
- Do the NEXT Model and the tariff amendments in NGTL’s Application adequately address the purpose and need?
What are the positive and negative impacts of implementing the NEXT Model for the administration of NGL extraction matters on the Alberta System, including, but not limited to, impacts on:
- natural gas and NGL supply to the Alberta System, and toll;
- the NGL market in Western Canada;
- natural gas markets and the NOVA Inventory Transfer marketplace; and
- infrastructure utilization within and beyond NEB jurisdiction, and industry decisions on infrastructure additions.
- Compliance with the NEB Act
Do the tariff amendments to implement the NEXT Model comply with Part IV of the National Energy Board Act? For example, will the NEXT Model and the proposed tariff amendments result in any unjust discrimination in the conditions for accessing NGTL’s services and facilities?
- Guiding Principles in addition to those set out under Part IV of the NEB Act
The relevant principles or considerations that should guide the Board’s decision on the current application; these may include, but are not limited to:
- consistency between NGL extraction rights and resource ownership;
- economic efficiency, including promotion of proper NGL market signals; and
- transparency, administrative simplicity and practicality.
- EUB Decision 2009-009 re: NGL Inquiry
What weight should the Board give to the recommendations in the EUB Decision 2009-009: Inquiry into Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) Extraction Matters, dated 4 February 2009 (Inquiry Decision), including to what extent the weight to be attributed may be impacted by the following considerations:
- the difference in mandate between the EUB and the Board;
- the comprehensiveness of the process leading to the Inquiry Decision;
- the relevance of the various recommendations to the decision the Board has to make on NGTL’s current Application; and
- any changed circumstances or new facts that have arisen since the release of the Inquiry Decision.
- What would be the practical concerns of transitioning from the current practice to the NEXT model and have they been addressed adequately in the Application?
- Are there any implementation issues specific to former ATCO pipeline customers the Board should consider?
NEB Announces Hearing on NGTL’s NEXT Model Implementation Application
Regulatory Documents related to this project [Folder 727747]
Canada Energy Regulator
Telephone (toll free): 1-800-899-1265
Facsimile (toll free): 1-877-288-8803
- TransCanada PipeLines Limited
- Date modified: