Participant Funding Program
The Canada Energy Regulator (CER) administers a Participant Funding Program (PFP) to facilitate the participation of the public – and, in particular, the Indigenous peoples of Canada and Indigenous organizations – in public hearings under section 52 or subsection 241(3) of the Canadian Energy Regulator (CER) Act and any steps leading to those hearings. Please note that PFP is not available for detailed route hearings.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the Participant Funding Program?
- Am I eligible?
- How do I apply?
- What costs are eligible?
- How much can I expect to receive?
- How will I know if I have been awarded funding?
- How do I access the funds I have been awarded?
- What supporting documentation do I need to provide with a claim?
- What happens if the obligations of my contribution agreement are not met?
- Whom should I contact if I need help?
Current Funding Opportunities
Project Funding Envelope
Deadline to apply
|Pointed Mountain Pipeline Abandonment Project [Folder 4198907]
Announced on 2022-11-15
|Indigenous peoples and organizations participating as intervenors are eligible for a $20,000 grant. Simply email PFP.PAFP@cer-rec.gc.ca by 8 December 2022 to indicate your interest in this grant.|
|NorthRiver Midstream – NEBC Connector Project
Announced on 2022-01-12
|Participant funding is available to facilitate the participation in this public hearing. For recipients that have signed a contribution agreement, please submit a claim form [PDF 166 KB] to receive payment for your eligible costs incurred.|
Recently Closed Funding Opportunities
Deadline to claim
Recipients can submit a final claim form [PDF 166 KB].
- Date modified: