On Wednesday, Aug. 28, the National Energy Board (NEB) became the Canada Energy Regulator (CER). For further information please visit our Implementing the Canadian Energy Regulator Act information page
During the National Energy Board's review of this project, all evidence, letters of comment, Board decisions and other relevant documents must be filed with the National Energy Board and placed on the Board's online document repository. These documents are all accessible to the public and can be found here: [Folder 2545522].
- Application for the Line 3 Replacement Program: [Folder 2546069]
- Transcripts for oral hearings: [Folder 2858485]
- Archived audio recording of oral hearing on our website
- Hearing Order OH-002-2015 [Filing A69826]
NEB Recommendation Report
On April 25, 2016, the National Energy Board issued a report recommending that Governor in Council (GIC) approve the Line 3 Replacement Program, subject to 89 conditions. You can read the full Recommendation Report here [Filing A76575]. Please visit the Line 3 Replacement Program Conditions web page for more information on the 89 conditions imposed on the project.
On November 29, 2016, Governor in Council directed the National Energy Board (NEB) to issue a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity [Filing A80884] for the Line 3 Replacement Program.
- Line 3 Replacement – Decisions and Recommendations
- Backgrounder: By the Numbers
- Participant Funding Report
Government of Canada Reports Related to the Project
In addition to the NEB’s regulatory review, the Government of Canada conducted reviews into the Line 3 Replacement Program:
- Environment and Climate Change Canada – Review of Related Upstream Greenhouse Gas Emissions Estimates
- Natural Resources Canada – Online Questionnaire Report
- Major Projects Management Office – Crown Consultation and Accommodation Report
For questions about the NEB’s role as the regulator of the Line 3 Replacement Program, please contact:
Operations Project Manager
Telephone (toll free): 1-800-899-1265
For media inquiries, please contact:
NEB Media Relations
- Date modified: