Applications & filings

Companies regulated by the Canadian Energy Regulator Act (CER Act), Canada Oil and Gas Operations Act (COGOA) or Canada Petroleum Resources Act (CPRA) are required to seek authorization or approval for various activities.

Applications under the CER Act include:

  • the construction and operation of international and interprovincial pipelines and international power lines in Canada, along with related facilities and activities, or modifying or abandoning existing facilities
  • the export of crude oil, natural gas liquids and electricity, and the export and import of natural gas
  • establishing pipeline tolls and tariffs

Under COGOA, approval is required for the following activities on non-Accord federal lands:

  • exploration and drilling for oil and gas
  • production, processing and transport of oil and gas

Applications under CPRA are required to provide information for the CER to:

I want to...

ARCHIVED - Applications & filings

Date modified: