Datasets related to EF2019 are available in a variety of formats and styles:
- Data behind the figures: All data behind the EF2019 figures is available in a downloadable excel file [EXCEL 585 KB].
- Interactive Data Appendix: The Energy Futures Data Appendix contains downloadable tables arranged by appendix type (macroeconomic drivers, end-use demand, crude oil production, etc.) and report version.
- Machine Readable Files: The EF 2019 data can be downloaded all at the same time from Open Gov.
Energy Futures Supplement Datasets
- Deep dive into the projections with more detailed datasets, including monthly projections, for natural gas and oil production projections:
- Methodology and description for each of these datasets can be found in the EF2018 Supplements:
Explore Energy Futures – Interactive Data Visualization tool
Explore Canada’s Energy Future with an interactive tool that allows users to visualize, download, and share the data behind the long-term energy outlooks.
The CER, together with Ingenium, developed educational activities based on Canada’s forecasted energy demand and supply.
Targeted at high school students between the grades of 9 and 11, the activities encourage students and educators to explore Canada’s energy ecosystem using an interactive tool. This tool allows users explore how the future of energy in Canada over the long term. The material and student resources are available.
Data Science with Open Data:
Partnered with Fireside Analytics, this course is an introduction to Data Science with Open Data sets and R Studio. Learners will learn common buzzwords used in Data Science and they will do hands on labs visualizing and analyzing Open Data from the Energy Futures series. This course is designed for learners who are new to computer programming and data science.