The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the management of the CER’s day-to-day business and affairs, including the supervision of its employees and their work
Gitane De Silva
- Ms. De Silva became the Chief Executive Officer of the CER in August 2020.
- Prior to joining the CER, she was a Special Advisor at TransAlta Corporation.
- She previously served as Alberta's Senior Representative to the United States and as Deputy Minister for Alberta International and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Before joining the Alberta Public Service, Ms. De Silva spent 12 years in Canada's Foreign Service as a specialist in Canada-U.S. relations, serving in a variety of roles, including as Consul General of Canada in Chicago and as Counsellor (Environment & Fisheries) at the Canadian Embassy in Washington, D.C.
- Ms. De Silva also served as Deputy Head of Agency at Status of Women Canada.
Professional Affiliations, Degrees and Distinctions:
- Bachelor of Arts, International Relations, University of British Columbia
- 2013 recipient of The International Alliance for Women (TIAW) World of Difference Award.
- Date modified: